Sunday, December 20, 2009

Keeping Up the Fight

Countless people and stories, old and new, have always mentioned in one way, shape, form, or another, the phrase "keeping up the fight."


Famed television and radio personality, Dr. Drew, wrote on Twitter today, "Hiding out with Susan and kids away through the holiday, exhausted. Wondering if I can keep up the fight. No good deed goes unpunished."

I could feel his exhaustion. I wrote back, "...Push on through Dr. Drew. You do make an impact. Just look around."

Young or old, rich or poor, have or have-nots, we are all... in The Fight.


What is this "fight" and what does it mean to us? I believe The Fight is our timeless struggle to not let this mortal coil beat us down. The Fight is to wake up each day and say, no matter what happens, I am going to keep my eye on the finish line and make this day what I want it to be - despite the world. The Fight is to navigate through the maelstroms and tests of everyday life and people with our love of self, integrity, and spirit intact. The Fight is to make it through the day so that we can go home and look in our beloved's eyes once more.

Today, the actress Brittany Murphy died at the promising age of 32 from cardiac arrest. My condolences go out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment