Wednesday, December 23, 2009

While Contemplating

In the spirit of contemplating about dating, I checked my dating site queue. I had two pages of potential matches. Needless to say my curiosity was killing me so I perused the list. The conclusion I came to was there was a reason why Internet dating sites were making a cool mint. It's so much easier than going to your local meat market! 

After reading through them, I realized that I had become discerning. Several years ago, I would've given some a chance that I wouldn't now. Not because I'm better or anything like that, but because I know now what I will or will not accept.


Going through the list was entertaining to say the least. My preference body-wise is someone taller than me as I'm 5'6. So anything 6'1 and over catches my eye. Mind you - I do not know what any of the men look like - yet. I'm still considering whether to pay for a subscription - or to even date - for that matter. My other preferences are someone who is successful and loves what they do, is sharp, intelligent, funny, and creative - oh and of course, someone who can genuinely accept my children. Wow. Tall order.


Here are some standouts:


*Names have been changed.

  • Art, 47 - "My best friend was Bob since my dad drank alot when I was a kid." 
Okay, we've got potential genetic issues here. Nope.

  • Joe, Mike, John - All 5'6-5'8
If you and I look like a salt and pepper set standing next to each other then nope.
  • Paul from Utah 
No offense but he's probably from a sect looking to add another sister wife. Nope.
  • Robert - "Artist"
Okay, "artist" is code word for unemployed until I sell a piece of art. Sorry, nope.
  • Jay - "I like a clean house."
That means you want me to clean it for you. I was hoping to have some help. Sorry, nope.
  • Dann - "Athletic Trainer"
This means I have to be physically fit NOW and forever. Almost there but sorry, nope.
  • William - "The person I'm with needs to feel they've won the lotto.."
Ruh roh Raggy, this person needs constant external validation. Sorry...resounding "Nope."


There are some that sound promising:


  • Marco - "The three things I value most... 'My beautiful family and friends.. Earning income to provide for my family.'"
What? - He thinks his family and friends are beautiful and he has a yob?! He goes on to say that he maintains an organized life. "Organized" is code word for control freak. There may be a balance to him, we'd have to see. 

  • Frank - "I'm a mess without my car, bike, or plane." 
Did he say "plane?" See - and watch this Gentleman - it's not because he owns a plane that is attractive, it's because he had the focus and determination to get to the point where he could buy a plane. Imagine where he could take the right partner or where the right partner could take him. Is that partner me? Oh I can't answer for him, but every girl likes to say yes :-)

  • William - "The most influential person is..'Sister. She has taught me countless lessons over time...'"
This guy has alot of spark and heart that comes through what he writes. However, this statement tells me a TON of things. His sister is a big factor in his life. If she doesn't like someone, I'm willing to bet it becomes a sticky situation for all parties involved. I don't know how much a sister would accept or like a single mother of two children for her amazing brother, but people can be surprising. Let's hope for the best for whomever he's with.


So that is my foray into the dating scene while I'm contemplating about dating. Being alone for a year sounds very relaxing but I know that it can sometimes get lonely too. 


For those of you considering dating again and considering online dating, here's a list of some well known sites:























Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment